Currently working with a Global Management Consultancy that are hiring for a critical role for their IT business within the Cloud and Innovation Team. They are looking for Cloud, Client Services, and Innovation Engineer to be a key member of this team. The day-to-day responsibilities are operational and technical support in the area of systems & network engineering across all systems and platforms.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a company that are continuing to grow during these uncertain times.
The key responsibilities for the systems engineer are:
- Provide day-to-day systems, server, and network engineering support functions for various systems and platforms, including (but not limited to) Microsoft Windows servers, Active Directory, various distributions of Linux infrastructure, and 3rd party application platforms. Participate with cross-discipline teams as necessary.
- Assist in the design and operations of Cloud Platforms – including Azure and AWS.
- Participate in the design and implementation of various new system implementations and upgrades.
- Analyze, report, and advise on various systems and applications performance issues.
- Provide day-to-day technical, administrative, and functional support for the various platforms and systems.
- Participate as a key technical resource for current and new systems planning and scoping.
- Participate in the configuration and setup of technology resources for new consulting engagements.
- Participate in the analysis of new software applications, application architecture, and configurations, and participate as a key member of the team in reconfiguring systems, databases, and applications for optimal performance. Participate in troubleshooting as required.
- Participate in the creation (or modification) of documentation activities related to system configuration, policies, and procedures.
- Participate in defining and implementing the overall structure and standards for systems documentation.
The qualifications required for the successful applications are:
- Experience in supporting information systems implementation, support, and monitoring, preferably within (but not limited to) a predominantly Microsoft environment.
- Experience working in and/or implementing “compliance” environments such as SOC2, ISO27001, HIPPA, etc.
- Experience with Windows7/8, Windows Server OS (W2k8/2012).
- Experience with RedHat Enterprise Linux – or similar distribution a plus.
- Exposure working in Microsoft’s Azure Platform
- Experience with Windows Powershell and other Infrastructure as code languages
- Experience with database MSSQL Servers (Oracle would be a plus)
- Experience Apache WebServer and Tomcat Application Server hosting
- Experience with IIS hosting
- Exposure to ‘Big Data’ / BI / Analytics technologies (Business Objects, Tableau, QlikView, Stata)
- Relevant certificates such as Azure Administrator, MCSE, AWS Administrator, etc. a plus
- Experience in large, production-oriented service operations, with experience in a 24x7x365 service delivery model supporting mission-critical business operations with large data volumes.
If you are interested in this position, please apply or contact Gav Johal at Cognitive Group